In my last post about this area of the garden, I showed you photos of what this are of the garden was looking like. To recap, here is a quick shot:
In the past few days, Mr Meadow and I got on with some hard digging and removal of the overgrown shrubs (and thorny brambles):
We also removed the concrete fence panels and pebble boards:
We were fortunate enough to find that the post had not been set into the ground with concrete which we were relieved about.
This area still has a lot of work for us to do, but we’ve made a start. We need to lift all the old paving slabs at some point, but we won’t be hasty about doing this because they are currently suppressing the weeds and providing pathways. The brick shed will also need emptying out because the previous owner left so many items in there, but it doesn’t look like much we can salvage. We had to break into the shed just to gain access!
Anyway, that’s all for today. I hope you enjoyed seeing this quick update and stay tuned for more updates on our garden progress.
You may also like…
To see how this area looked before we chopped back see: An Overgrown Mess
Written by Bethany Wright